At this very second, I have at least folders between my computer and my external hard drive dedicated to our dream home and all the things we want to put in it. When we started thinking about this a few years ago, my taste was super modern, with very little room for anything “old” or traditional.
Over the years, the tastes of my husband and I have evolved. With the help of Pinterest, I’ve been able to save pictures that appeal to me, and when I look at them collectively, I’ve seen a pattern emerge: While we do want a very modern, modular home — the RK1 home by Living Homes shown above is the one we have on the vision board in our current master bedroom — we’d likely fill it with things that are a combination of:
- Sleek & modern
- Slightly rustic & unfinished
- A little Hollywood Regency
In other words, I love clean lines and glam finishes, but not to the point where our home would feel like a museum rather than a place where we could kick off our shoes and get comfortable.
We might use Graham & Brown’s Mode Darcy wallpaper (shown below) with a couple of Emeco Kong chairs in one room, but have a reclaimed wood wall installation in another. And there’s no hard and fast rule of design that says we can’t have both.
Design Public wants to know what your dream home looks like. And by telling them, you can enter their new “Pin It to Win It Contest”:
- Create a new pinboard on Pinterest titled “Dream Home with Design Public”.
- Pin at least 10 things to your board that you’d love to have in your dream home.
- At least 5 of the items on your board be pinned directly from the Design Public site, but the rest can come from anywhere you’d like.
- When you’re done with your board, fill out this short form to submit a link to your board, and you will be entered to win $250 gift card for Design Public.
Disclosure: I was compensated by Design Public for sharing my dream home ideas with you. All opinions (of course) are my own. And yes…that really is my dream home.