Mid-Mod Bedroom: It’s been a long while since I’ve done a Green Room in a Box, but there’s no time like the present to get started again, right? Today’s room is sponsored by one of my all-time favorite companies for eco-friendly home decor, Amenity. The design is a heavy mix of old and new that meets somewhere in the middle for an eclectic, but sophisticated look.
ABOUT THE SPONSOR
Amenity Home offers a wide array of eco-friendly products for thoughtful modern living. They are dedicated to the never-ending process of maintaining harmony with the environment. For Amenity, simplicity is not a dirty word. Simple can be luxurious, and luxury can be quite simple. Taking a thoughtful and minimal approach to production, Amenity offers its own distinctive brand of modern organic living for the conscientious consumer in search of comfort, timeless beauty, and elegant functionality.
Muir Platform Bed | Queen: $1900 | The Muir Collection is beautifully hand crafted from reclaimed hardwood that has been rescued from local buildings slated for demolition. Low VOC stains, developed especially for Amenity, enhance the beauty and unique characteristics only a vintage wood can embody. Perfect for modern living, this elegant, minimal furniture collection was designed with function in mind. With inspiration from classic modernists such as Paul McCobb and Charles Eames, the line incorporates gracefully curved corners and simple nickel legs.
Fern Duvet Cover, peacock | Queen: $330 | Amenity adds to their collection of nature-inspired bedding this season with the debut of a new, bold design that reflects the excitement of emerging spring. Each limited-edition, large-scale image is printed individually with non-toxic, water-based dyes onto 100% certified, 300-thread count cotton percale that has been organically grown and processed. Duvet covers are printed domestically with non-toxic, water-based dyes and sewn locally in Los Angeles.
- Get 20% off the brand new Fern collection with coupon code “fern20.” Today and tomorrow only! (1/28-29/10)
- Get 30% off the entire Amenity site, excluding the Fern and Muir collections, with Coupon code “green30.” Valid today through Sunday. (1/28-31/10)
- Bungaloo Color Liquid (ie: paint) | COLOR: Greg | $27.95 per 100 oz. bottle; $55.90 for 2 bottles | Base paint and colorant are both zero-VOC.
- S10 Bamboo 85 print by Parvez Taj | 24″ x 32″: $298 | Printed with zero-VOC, solvent-free inks on bamboo with no added formaldehyde | This piece includes all the colors used in the room: a muted blue, warm wood tones, and the red accent color.
- Block Printed Pillow Cover by etsy seller HomeSweet | $50/ea; $100 for 2 | Block printed by hand on a hemp/organic cotton blend fabric.
- Turquoise Pottery Vase from Etsy seller ArtfulVintage | $20 | Vintage.
- Soho Large Balloon Vase from Bambeco | $38 | Made of recycled glass.
- 50s Mid-Century Modern Russell Wright Conant Ball Desk & Chair from Etsy seller fabulousness | $750 | Vintage.
- Mid-Century Modern Tomlinson Slipper Chair from etsy seller wrightathomevintage | $1472.50 | Vintage.
- 46″ Round Vintage Sunburst Goldtone Mirror from eBay seller igotguitars | $95 | Vintage. | Normally, you couldn’t pay me to like anything that can be described as “goldtone,” but this mirror just looks like it belongs in this room.
- Organic Basketweave Drape from Pottery Barn | 96″: $99.99/ea., $299.97 for 3 | Made of organic cotton | I would get 2 in natural and 1 in porcelain blue, to hang the blue drape between the two white ones for a thick, layered effect.
- Exclamati Collection, Neptune Lamp by Lightenup Designs | $320 | LightenUp Design uses only natural clays and handmade, non-toxic glazes.
- Fern Pillows by Amenity | $89/ea.; $178 for 2 | Covers made of hemp/organic cotton blend fabric printed with non-toxic, water-based dyes. Printed and sewn locally in Los Angeles, and filled with Eco-fill fiber made from recycled plastic bottles.
- Muir Side Table by Amenity | $475 | Made from reclaimed vintage Douglas Fir rescued from local buildings slated for demolition and finished with water-based, non-toxic stains.
- Round Jute Rug from Pottery Barn, espresso | 8′ round: $249 | Handmade of jute, a rapidly renewable, natural fiber. Imported.
TOTAL COST: $6581.37 | By no means is this room cheap, and I mean that in the most literal way possible. This is a bedroom full of investment-quality pieces that can, and likely would, last you a lifetime, including a couple of vintage pieces that have already lasted a lifetime of their own.
Any tips or suggestions for what could have been included, or excluded, in this room? Leave them in the comment area below. If you’d like me to turn one of your rooms into a beautiful, eco-friendly space, check out my Decor Advice page to get started! If you’re a product manufacturer or brand who’d like to sponsor a Green Room in a Box, you can do that too! And if you are a new reader, you may want to consider subscribing to Green Your Decor via RSS or email newsletter to make sure you don’t miss more great “Green Rooms in a Box”!