Being on a budget is no reason to sacrifice elegance and sophistication. This eco-friendly dining room doesn’t sacrifice style or quality — its a room you’d be happy to have your next dinner party in.
- Teak Flatware | $189 (set of 4) | Made of sustainably harvested, plantation-grown teak and stainless steel (aff)
- The Soi Co. Goddess Candle | $15/ea., $60 for 4 | Made of 100% soy | Grouped candles are a great way to add ambience to a dining room. Put them on a small wall shelf, or line them up on your sideboard. Either way, they will add soft lighting and make an impact in your room (aff)
- Hand-woven Placemats, Lime | $27 (set of 4) | Hand-woven from sustainable Romblon and made by a family cooperative that uses only low-impact dyes to obtain the color (aff)
- Oceana Seaglass Dinnerware | Square Plates (set of 4) $189, Wave Plates (set of 4), $189, Triangle Plates – Lime (set of 4 ), $119; Total: $497 | Made of recycled glass and can be used as an alternative to disposable plates
- YOLO Colorhouse Paint | $37, $74 for 2 | Color: Air.06 (light gray) | Contains zero VOCs and Green Seal certified
- Rectangle Hanging Capiz Pendant Lamp | $129 | Handmade of natural, sustainable capiz shells
- Hemp Dinner Napkins | $25 (set of 4) | Made of hemp and colored with low-impact dyes.
- Acacia Thick Wood Mirror from cb2.com | $29.95 | Made of sustainable acacia wood
- Orchid Dining Bamboo Table, 60″, espresso | $500 | Made of bamboo
- Orchid Chair, espresso | $200, $800 for 4 | Made of bamboo
- FLOR Rug, 5 x 8 | $99.80 | Tiles Used: Subtle Shift, Seafoam (4), $19.96, Subtle Shift, Beige (2), $9.98, Subtle Shift, Green (14) $69.86 | Made of recycled materials and recyclable | I am a big fan of FLOR rugs in the dining room for 2 reasons: they can be washed replaced one tile at a time if the are ever soiled, and they are recyclable, so you don’t have to feel bad about getting rid of one.
Orchid Sideboard, espresso | $700 | Made of bamboo | A sideboard or buffet table is definitely not a dining room necessity, particularly when on a budget. But though you can have a perfectly complete room without one, it is a nice piece to own. It makes dinner easier when you don’t have to trek back and forth between the kitchen and dining room — you can have your food right at your side.
Any tips or suggestions for what could have been included, or excluded, in this room? Send them to email@example.com
And if you are a new subscriber, you may want to consider subscribing to Green Your Decor via RSS or email newsletter to make sure you don’t miss the other great rooms in the “Green Rooms in a Box” series! Coming Wednesday: A fabulous green dining room under $5000. Thanks for reading!
MORE GREEN ROOMS IN A BOX:
- Eclectic, Eco-Chic Living Room Under $2500
- Contemporary Living Room Under $5000
- High-Priced, Celeb-Style Living Room Over $5000
- Vintage Mod Dining Room Under $5000
- Posh Dining Room for the Super Spendy
- Fresh, Colorful Bedroom Under $2500
- Graphic, Nature-Inspired Bedroom Under $5000
- A Vibrant, Luxurious Bedroom on a Dream Budget
- A Fun, Funky Girl’s Bedroom Under $2500
- A Bedroom Fit for Two Boys Under $5000
- A Room for a Teen Queen Under $6500
- A Modern, Stimulating Boy’s Nursery Under $2500
- A Sassy (not pink) Girl’s Nursery Under $5000