Today’s Room: A minimal, soothing green bedroom that’s affordable even for those on a budget.
- Dew Pillow by Inhabit | $60 | Made of recycled polyester and handprinted and handmade in the U.S. with environmentally-friendly inks with no chemical waste or disposal generated. Also, all paper waste from manufacturing is repurposed as shredded packing material, and the pillow is recyclable at the end of its life-cycle (aff)
- Mythic Interior Flat Latex Paint | $46.99/gallon, $93.98 for 2 | COLOR: Twilight Twinkle 031-2 | Zero VOCs, zero carcinogens, and low odor
- Midsummer Pendant Light by Tord Boontje | $49.99 | Made of paper, so it is recyclable (aff)
- Bark-Wrapped Mirror from Pottery Barn | $149 | Mirror wrapped in natural bark harvested sustainably from live flowering cherry trees
- Linen Sheer Drapes from Pottery Barn, White, 54″ x 84″ | $49/ea., $98 for 2 | Made of 100% linen
- Organic Hemstitch Sheet Set from Pottery Barn, Ocean Breeze, Queen | $149 | Made of 100% organic cotton grown without pesticides or synthetic fertilizers | These sky blue and white sheets coordinate well with the wall color and provide a great contrast to the black and white duvet cover and shams
- Monroe Dresser by ModLoft | $400 | Wood comes from sustainable Malaysian forests, and their extended team of partners ensures it is managed responsibly (aff)
- Bud Wall Flats by Inhabit | $86 | Made of 100% molded bamboo paper pulp with no chemical fillers or additives | The price is for 10 18″ x 18″ panels. Lay them in 2 rows of 5 on the wall behind the platform bed to create a unique, textured headboard that will extend past the edges of the bed frame to behind the nightstands. This will definitely be your focal point!
- Lumalight Table Lamp, white | $116.10/ea., $232.20 for 2 | Made of recycled paper
- Monroe Nightstand Set by ModLoft | $225 for pair | Wood comes from sustainable Malaysian forests, and their extended team of partners ensures it is managed responsibly (aff)
- The Raku Japanese Tatami Bed from Haiku Designs, Dark Walnut Finish | $489 w/o mats | Made with FSC Certified wood harvested from sustainable and managed forests. Has received E-1 Emission Standard certification, meaning it uses no harsh chemicals or glues in the manufacturing process. In addition, the bedframe does not use any nails, screws or steel dowels for assembly.
- Embroidered Flower Pillow Cover from Gaiam | $12.99 | Made of 100% silk by CraftBeauty, a Fair Trade group (aff)
- Organic Cotton Nylum Bedding from Gaiam | $105.99 for duvet cover, $13.99 for 1 sham; $133.97 for duvet cover & 2 shams | Made of organic cotton (aff)
- Wide-Border Sisal Rug from Pottery Barn, Chino, 5 x 8 | $239 | Made of Natural Sisal
TOTAL: $2418.13 | You’ve still got $81.87 left for a great piece of art
Vintage Danish Modern Upholstered Arm Chair from Surfing Cowboys | $850 | Reusing vintage products saves them from the landfill and reduces demand for new production, thereby conserving resources | This chair isn’t a must, but the clean lines add a bit of vintage glam and tie into the black from the bedding.
Any tips or suggestions for what could have been included, or excluded, in this room? Send them to email@example.com
And if you are a new subscriber, you may want to consider subscribing to Green Your Decor via RSS or email newsletter to make sure you don’t miss the other great rooms in the “Green Rooms in a Box” series! Coming Wednesday: A slightly pricier eco-friendly bedroom full of style and flair. Thanks for reading!
MORE GREEN ROOMS IN A BOX:
- Eclectic, Eco-Chic Living Room Under $2500
- Contemporary Living Room Under $5000
- High-Priced, Celeb-Style Living Room Over $5000
- Simple, Classy Dining Room Under $2500
- Vintage Mod Dining Room Under $5000
- Posh Dining Room for the Super-Spendy
- Graphic, Nature-Inspired Bedroom Under $5000
- A Vibrant, Luxurious Bedroom on a Dream Budget
- A Fun, Funky Girl’s Bedroom Under $2500
- A Bedroom Fit for Two Boys Under $5000
- A Room for a Teen Queen Under $6500
- A Modern, Stimulating Boy’s Nursery Under $2500
- A Sassy (not pink) Girl’s Nursery Under $5000