UPDATE: The entry period is now closed. Good luck to everyone who entered! The winner will be announced soon!
One thing I love about creativity is that it is limitless. You or I may see an object, like a piece of paper, and see it as nothing more than something to write on. Your child may see the same piece of paper, and see an airplane or a blank canvas for some great crayon art. And yet another person, like Susan Connor, a Manhattan artist and designer, will see that piece of paper as a way to inject bold patterns and colors into your home — all in eco-friendly style.
Connor is doing just that with SusyJack, her line of contemporary paper goods. I was particularly impressed by her pencil cups and wall panels in colorful, graphic silhouettes, many nature-inspired. It isn’t always easy to dress up an office. It’s easy to let it become overwhelmed by paperwork and things to do, and forget that it is supposed to be an environment full of inspiration and peace — the type of environment in which you can get the most done.
Put a couple of these pencil cups on your desk in your favorite colors and patterns, with a group of panels hung on the wall behind you, and you’ll instantly brighten up your work space and make it a place where you’re much happier to be.
Why It’s Green:
- Printed locally on a low-vapor press powered by windpower
- Printed with soy-based inks on 100% post-consumer recycled paper
- SusyJack uses upcycled, recycled, and repurposed embellishments in their designs whenever possible
Want to win it?
SusyJack has generously offered one of my readers 2 wall panels in Iris, shown at left. Hang them together or separately. Either way, you’re getting a free ticket to spice up your walls. All you have to do is visit SusyJack. Come back here and leave a comment about your favorite product and pattern. It can be anything from the entire collection. Comments like “I’d love to win this,” “Great giveaway” or “Please pick me!” will be deleted. Leave your comment by 11:59 p.m. EST on Monday, September 1, 2008.
Want to enter more than once? Boost your chances of winning by completing one or more of the tasks on this list.
- If you haven’t already, sign up for the Green Your Decor newsletter by Monday, September 1, 2008. You must verify your email subscription to be eligible. After you sign up, FeedBurner will send you a verification email. Please do not ignore it — your entry will be invalid if you do not verify. All current subscribers are eligible to win.
- If you’d prefer to receive your updates via RSS, sign up for the GYD feed, then leave a comment letting me know that you’ve done so. Be sure to include your email address.
- Blog about GreenYourDecor.com and post a link to your blog entry here.
- Stumble or give a thumbs up to any page at GreenYourDecor.com via StumbleUpon and post a link to your SU profile to verify your thumbs up.
- And finally, here’s the big one. For up to a whopping TEN additional entries, send your friends an email inviting them to enter the giveaway and sign up for an email subscription, and be sure to copy firstname.lastname@example.org. You get one additional entry just for sending the email. And for every friend that enters via the email address you used to notify them, you get an additional entry, up to nine more entries. So spread the word about Green Your Decor!
So that means every participant can receive up to 15 entries. You read that right — FIFTEEN! You have until 11:59 p.m. EST on Monday, September 1, 2008, to enter. U.S. and Canada mailing addresses only. A winner will be chosen via Random.org and announced here, and the winner will be contacted via email. Good luck everyone!