About Green Your Decor
I’m Jennae Petersen, and I’m the chief blogger here at Green Your Decor. The site was born of frustration and inspiration:
Frustration in my attempts to find sustainable and eco-friendly products while decorating; and inspiration to do something to reduce my own carbon footprint and help style-conscious homeowners and decorators who don’t want to sacrifice the planet for a great look.
I’m admittedly no green giant. In fact, not so long ago I used to be pretty oblivious to all things concerning the environment. But you know what they say — once you know better, you must do better. I’m learning a lot as I go along and making steps toward a more sustainable lifestyle every day.
- A green living expert and a respected authority on eco-friendly decorating & green living
- A Walmart Mom
- A member of the Green Moms Carnival
- Chief blogger at Green & Gorgeous
- Art director & designer of organic t-shirt line, Differently Clothing
- Owner & chief designer of Hibiscus Creative, a full-service green graphic design firm
- A graduate of Howard University with bachelor’s degree in journalism
- Located in Metro Atlanta, but a native of St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands
About this site
Green Your Decor is your one-stop guide for all things “green” for your home, from rugs and wall art to linens, furniture and paint. I will regularly scour the market for these products and present them to you, along with their “green” qualities, prices and links to where you can buy them. You’ll also find DIY tutorials, before-and-after photos and general tips on making your home — and your whole life — greener.
The goal is to demonstrate that style and quality can also be sustainable, and we all can reduce our carbon footprints simply by being aware of the choices we make every day. You may turn off the lights every time you leave a room, but do you know whether an old-growth forest was cut down for the wood used to make your bed? Did you know that the pesticides used on traditional cotton are responsible for a large percentage of the world’s soil and ground water pollution?
This site is here to educate you, entertain you and provide you with stylish options for your home. Going green doesn’t have to be hard. In fact, it’s more practical than you might expect. Check back often for exciting new environmentally-friendly home decor ideas and products.
Stay in touch
- Contact me if you have questions or comments, if you’d like to submit a product or idea for consideration or if you’re interested in an interview.
- Subscribe to Green Your Decor via RSS
- Subscribe to Green Your Decor via email
- Follow Green Your Decor on Twitter
- ‘Like’ Green Your Decor on Facebook