Waaay back in 2008, I introduced many of you to Yumi & Laurie, a company that makes gorgeous eco-friendly textiles, specifically their signature luxury blanQuettes. I fell in love with the style and story behind this product without ever having experienced one myself — until now. Owner Laurie Suzuki recently sent me not just one, but two of her gorgeous blanQuettes so I could see for myself what all the fuss is about.
I can unequivocally say that I now get it.
We are addicted to blankets in this house. I have one over the back of my desk chair that use to get comfy, we curl up in them on the sofa, and we even take them in the car with us on long drives. I can easily say that these blanQuettes are the most luxurious throws we own. They are unlike any other blanket in our collection, and we have quite a few. The colors are vibrant and stunning, and they are the weight of a hefty blanket with a texture similar to a really high-end towel. It’s like the most luxurious robe you’ve ever owned, but it won’t make you hot if you’re wrapped too long.
They are made of 50% bamboo and 50% organic cotton. This construction also makes it antimicrobial, so it can actually get wet without any worries about mold. It can be hung out to dry, much like a towel, and used again. I haven’t had the chance to test this particular feature, but it’s nice to know.
As you can see above, my daughter is having a good time with her blanQuette. At 6’6″ by 4’9″, it is more than big enough for her to wrap up in. In fact, we both easy cuddled under it, which is a good thing, since we usually find ourselves fighting for covers on the sofa. I’m not over-exaggerating when I say that I love them. They are so versatile and available in so many colors that they can fit into any decor, and thrown over the arm of a sofa or folded across a neatly made bed, they could be a great finishing touch.
And at these remarkable prices, slashed significantly from where they were a year and a half ago, you’re getting a luxury project at a non-luxury price. A win-win situation, really.
Why It’s Green:
- Made of 50% Organic Cotton and 50% Bamboo
- Yumi & Laurie textiles are antimicrobial
Price: $78-88 (down from $195-235)
SPECIAL OFFER! When you purchase a blanQuette from Yumi & Laurie, mention that you found them at Green Your Decor, and get 2 free washcloths, also made of 50% organic cotton/50% bamboo.
Want to win?
Yumi & Laurie is generously offering up a Laguna blanQuette (shown above) for three lucky readers of Green Your Decor in the winner’s choice of color. That’s right! Three of you will get to experience the luxury for yourselves! So how do you win? Visit the Yumi & Laurie site, then come back here and leave a comment about which of ALL the blanQuette styles you’d love to own AND how you’d use it. Do this by 11:59 p.m. EST on Monday, March 22, 2010, to enter.
Want to enter more than once? Boost your chances of winning by completing one or more of the tasks on this list. Please leave a separate comment for each entry:
- Make a purchase from Yumi & Laurie and get 5 bonus entries! And don’t forget to use the special offer above to get 2 free washcloths!
- If you haven’t already, sign up for Green Your Decor’s email updates by 11:59 p.m. EST on Monday, March 22, 2010. You must verify your email subscription to be eligible. Current subscribers must leave a comment saying that you are a subscriber to be entered.
- If you’d prefer to receive your updates via RSS, sign up for the GYD feed. Then please leave a comment letting me know that you’ve done so, and be sure to include your email address.
- Become a fan of Green Your Decor on Facebook and leave a comment on the wall. Then leave a comment letting me know you’ve done so.
- Follow Green Your Decor on Twitter. Then tweet about GYD or this giveaway and leave a comment with a link to your tweet.
- Blog about this giveaway and leave a comment with a link to your post.
You have until 11:59 p.m. EST on Monday, March 22, 2010, to enter. A winner will be chosen via Random.org and contacted via email. Good luck everyone!