When it comes to my favorite bloggers, I will readily admit that my list is long. Even after I purged my Google Reader account a few weeks back and resubscribed only to the blogs that I read regularly, I still wound up with a TON of subscriptions. But there are few bloggers’ musings I look forward to more than Jeanine Hays of the AphroChic blog. So when I found out a few months back that she had created a line of pillows, I couldn’t wait to see what they’d look like. To put it mildly, I was floored! The AphroChic line is easily one of my favorite collections of pillows ever!
It could be the beautiful logo featuring a gorgeous woman with a huge, natural fro. It could be the impeccably styled lookbook with photos that make me want to climb right in (see some of them above and below). But mostly, I think it’s because these pillows are straight up fly! There’s no other word I could use to describe them that would accurately communicate how much I love them. They are the kind of pillows that can absolutely MAKE a space. And at the moment, I’m picturing a few of the Haze Mimosa pillows prettifying my bed.
And if you needed further convincing that Jeanine is a woman with vision and taste, here are a few quotes from her about page:
- In sustainability. Call it eco-chic, going green, environmentally friendly, we call it our mission to make the world modern, soulful and stylish.
- In cultural reflection, ethnic-inspired prints, and embracing a global lifestyle.
- In creating change globally by acting locally, supporting vendors at home, and reducing our carbon footprint by working with businesses in our community.
- That home should be a personal reflection of who you are.
- That city girls can rock organic tees and natural hair while taking trips to the farmer’s market.
I love this woman! And I love her pillows!
Why It’s Green:
- Made of 100% Belgian Linen with 100% cotton feather down insert