There are probably very few people who shop online and don’t know about Gilt Groupe. It is an online-only retailer that offers typically high-end products for seriously reduced prices, but only for a limited time. The sales typically last 24-96 hours, so if you see something you need (not want), you need to act fast. This is one of the cases when Gilt Groupe is not just offering eco-friendly products, but products that could really help anyone setting up a nursery or a room for a child do so for a significantly reduced cost.
A wide range of Argington’s gorgeous eco-friendly products are on sale, including:
Sahara Crib, Changing Table & 2 Dressers: Available as a 4 piece set in Red Maple for $1,129 ($2470 retail: Absolutely the BEST deal). This set is the same as the one shown in the second image above, though that one is a different color (Ebony). NOTE: The Ebony 4-piece set is already sold out, so I expect this set to sell out fast as well, particularly because the crib is not available by itself. I also haven’t seen the Red Maple color anywhere else.
- Sahara Changer in Ebony (shown at top): $422
- Sahara Dresser in Ebony (shown at top): $298
- Ayres Rolling Trundle Bed: $225 ($360 retail). NOTE: Twin bed is already sold out.
- Ayres Bed Guards: $48 ($85 retail)
- Organic Twin Reversible Quilts in 2 colorways: $52 ($95 retail)
- Organic Reversible Sheet Sets in 3 colorways: $57 ($115 retail)
- Organic Reversible Boudoir Pillows: $14 ($28 retail)
- Organic Twin Pillowcase & Duvet Sets in 2 colorways: $47 ($95 retail)
- Organic Reversible 4-piece Crib Bedding Set: $90 ($185 retail)
For each item, you’re looking at 50% savings or more. It’s really worth it if you are expecting a baby or know an expectant mother. I think the nursery is the one room in the home where I wouldn’t hesitate to spend more in order to make it completely eco-friendly with no toxins to affect my baby, but Gilt Groupe has made it so you really don’t have to spend much at all.
Even if you already have furniture and simply need bedding, this is a great deal to take advantage of while it lasts. The Argington sale ends at noon Sept. 19, or whenever all the products are sold out. Several are already gone or only available via the waiting list.
Why It’s Green:
- Bedding and textiles made of organic cotton
- Furniture made of sustainably harvested birch and finished with zero-VOC, non-toxic stains and finishes
How to Buy:
If you’re not already a member of Gilt Groupe, you’ll have to sign up. Once you’ve registered and signed in, mouse over “HOME” in the top navigation menu, then click on Argington Furniture, which should be the very first link.