The past few weeks in the Petersen household have been busy, busy, busy! My husband and I have been been working on a venture that has been several years in the making. Today, my husband and I officially launched Differently Clothing, our new collection of organic cotton t-shirts.
Our designs will focus on a variety of themes, including, but not limited to:
- The Virgin Islands (our hometown) & the wider Caribbean (see “V.I. Up” & others)
- Rasta culture and Reggae (see “Conquering Lion” & others)
- Natural hair (see “Don’t Tell Me to Relax”)
- Green living and environmental issues (see “Eat Local“)
- Humor (see “Paper Chaser”)
- Social and political commentary (see “Positive Black Stereotype”)
- Graphic tees
We’ve chosen to sell our shirts through Skreened.com using print-on-demand. This means that you can select the style and color you want for each shirt.
You all already know that sustainability is a big deal for my family, so it’s only natural that my love for all things green would manifest itself in this venture as well. You can go also access the new site via the “SHOP” link in the GYD nav menu.
Since I write a “why it’s green” list for everything else I post, it’s only fair that I do it for myself too, huh?
Why It’s Green:
- Since the shirts are printed only when someone places an order, there is no wasted inventory.
- We’ve chosen to make our designs available only on organic cotton and recycled cotton tees. The only shirts that aren’t available in organic cotton are the youth tees, and we’ll opt for those instead as soon as they become available.
- Most of the shirts are made my American Apparel in the U.S.
- Skreened is a small printing company with values really similar to ours.
K. RockOctober 5, 2010 at 8:33 pm
Awww man, I’m not on Twitter. But I love the shirts. Very cool! Congrats and I wish you success on your endeavor.
jennaeOctober 5, 2010 at 8:59 pm
Thanks for your kind words! And there is always another way to win a shirt 🙂
Send us a photo of you or someone else wearing one of our shirts (with their permission, of course) and we’ll put it on our customer gallery page AND the Guillotine Facebook page. The first 50 people to submit a photo will be automatically entered to win a free tee!