I know that I am a little late with today’s giveaway, but I’ve been battling some computer issues that slowed me down a bit. There are a lot of great gift ideas to be found in this year’s Green Gift Guide, and I thought it only fair that you all be able to see at least some of them in person — not to mention have them as gifts for yourselves. In that spirit, you’ll find a green gift giveaway here at Green Your Decor every day for the next 2 weeks (though I may surprise you with even more!)
Today’s Giveaway: An organic cotton kids’ t-shirt from Barley & Birch
Barley & Birch is one of my favorite companies for kids’ clothing. My daughter has one of their tank tops (reviewed last year), and she loves it! She has very sensitive skin, and we have to be careful about the type of fabrics she wear. The Barley & Birch tank is incredibly soft, and it has worn beautifully over time.
And did I mention the gorgeous prints on their clothing? You’ll find everything from horses to octopuses (octopi?), onions, monkeys and everything in between. They are also getting ready to launch a line of other pieces, including denim skirts, jackets and more. I can’t wait to see the new collection!
Why It’s Green:
- Shirts made of certified organic cotton and printed with water-based inks
- Made in the United States
- Barley & Birch runs a largely paper-free operation and any paper involved with the line is 100% post-consumer recycled
- They give at least 15% of their profits to a variety of organizations working all over the world to improve the lives of others.
How to Win:
The winner will get to pick any natural colored shirt of their choice from the Barley & Birch shop. There are several ways to enter:
- Visit the Barley & Birch website. Then come back here and leave a comment telling me which product is your favorite OR something you learned about the company.
- Like Barley & Birch and Green Your Decor on Facebook. Then come back here and leave a comment with your Facebook name. (Feel free to post a message on the any of our walls too, though it’s not required!)
- Follow Barley & Birch and @greenyourdecor on Twitter. Then come back here and leave a comment letting me know.
- If you haven’t already, sign up for Green Your Decor’s email updates by 11:59 p.m. EST on Thursday, December 9, 2010. You must verify your email subscription to be eligible. Current subscribers must leave a comment saying that you are a subscriber to be entered.
- If you’d prefer to receive your updates via RSS, sign up for the GYD feed. Then please leave a comment letting me know that you’ve done so, and be sure to include your email address. RSS-only subscribers are anonymous otherwise.
You have up to 5 chances to enter, and the giveaway entry period ends at 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, December 9, 2010. U.S. mailing addresses only! A winner will be chosen via Random.org and contacted via email. Good luck everyone!
Other Current Green Gift Giveaways:
- Personal care prize package from Nostalgia Organics (soap, lotion & more!). Ends 12/10/10.
- Organic Cotton EcoArt throw pillow from Wabsabi Green. Ends 12/13/10.
- Environmental Tales: Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax and Disney’s Wall E on DVD. Ends 12/14/10.
- Recycled paper Doodle List journal from Gadanke. Ends 12/15/10.