Today’s room: A contemporary living room for under $5000 featuring grouped items to create a bigger impact in the room
- Monroe Chairs and Ottoman from Eco-Furniture.com | 2 piece chair and ottoman set, $455.70; Single chair $318.50; Made from sustainably harvested wood
- Mythic Paint | COLOR: Sunrise on the Seine 087-3 | $49.99/gallon; $93.98 for 2 | Contains zero harmful VOCs (volatile organic compounds); Contains zero toxins and zero carcinogens
- Silver Bendant Lamp | $175 | Made of recycled content steel; Flat design limits waste during production and requires less packaging; eco-friendly, low-toxin powder coated finish; uses energy-efficient CFLs, made in the U.S.
- Nate Berkus Linen Curtains | $29.99/ea., $59.98 for 2 | Made of 100% linen (aff)
- Pablo Plus 2-Drawer Sofa Table by Nexera | $274.74 | Nexera is a company that utilizes environmentally-friendly practices and uses recycled materials in the production of their products
- Rain Stretched Wall Art by Inhabit, 24″ x 24″ | $106/ea.; $212 for 2 | Made from 100% recycled polyester; handprinted and handmade in the US; Environmentally-friendly inks with no chemical waste generated | Group 3 paintings together vertically for more impact and to make your room appear taller (aff)
- Recycled Hanging Vase, Group of 3 | $19/ea., $57 for 3 | Made of recycled glass; Handblown | Group 3 vases together for more impact
- Custom Rio Sofa by Viesso | $2177 | 84″ sofa made with 100% natural latex cushions from the sap of rubber trees with no chemicals used and covered in Messenger fabric by Maharam, which made of 78% Post-Industrial Recycled Polyester and manufactured at a facility adhering to the environmental standards of the E3 (Encouraging Environmental Excellence) Program set by the American Textile Manufacturer Institute.
- Leila Pillow | $40/ea.; $80 for 2 | Made of various types of linen and organic cotton; down filled
- Mokimoe Cushion, Sun | $135 ea.; $270 for 2 | Fabric cover made of organic cotton and hemp with an eco-friendly print on face and back; cover removeable cover for machine washing to reduce dirt and allergens; filling made of organic wool balls in organic cotton cover
- Tonal Vision 8′ x 10′ rug by FLOR | $359.99 | Made of recycled materials, recyclable
- Breeze Natural Bamboo Coffee Table in Walnut | $299.99 | Hand-crafted from bamboo, ash veneer, and wood composite; Sleek legs made of recycled stainless steel; Water-based stain and non-toxic glues
ROOM TOTAL: $4833.88. You’ve still got $166.12 left in your budget to accessorize!
Shangri La Wall Flats panels by Inhabit | $86 a panel | Made of 100% molded bamboo paper pulp with no chemical fillers or additives | Cover a wall in these wall flats for an instant, textured look that will add interest to your room. Depending on the dimensions of your wall, this can get pricey, but it would be a great way to give your room an easy, designer look.
Any tips or suggestions for what could have been included, or excluded, in this room? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
And if you are a new subscriber, you may want to consider subscribing to Green Your Decor via RSS or email newsletter to make sure you don’t miss the other great rooms in the “Green Rooms in a Box” series! Thanks for reading!
PREVIOUS ROOMS IN A BOX:
- Living Room for Under $2500
- High-Priced, Celeb-Style Living Room Over $5000
- An Elegant, Lively Dining Room Under $2500
- Vintage Mod Dining Room Under $5000
- Posh Dining Room for the Super Spendy
- Fresh, Colorful Bedroom Under $2500
- Graphic, Nature-Inspired Bedroom Under $5000
- A Vibrant, Luxurious Bedroom on a Dream Budget
- A Fun, Funky Girl’s Bedroom Under $2500
- A Bedroom Fit for Two Boys Under $5000
- A Room for a Teen Queen Under $6500
- A Modern, Stimulating Boy’s Nursery Under $2500
- A Sassy (not pink) Girl’s Nursery Under $5000
ReneeJuly 17, 2008 at 8:57 am
This room is gorgeous! It is great that you are providing ways to furnish your home “green” in an affordable manner.
jennaeJuly 18, 2008 at 5:17 pm
@Renee: Thank you for the compliment. Make sure you check out the rest of the series!