Today’s Room: A modern, ultra-fabulous dining room for people with deep pockets.
- Tropical Mirror by Stray Dog Designs, white | $450 | Handmade by Haitian artisans of eco-friendly papier mache from recycled materials with low-VOC paints
- Bamboo Dinner Napkins by Boxwood Goods | $44 (set of 4), $88 for 2 | Made of 100% bamboo
- VivaTerra Flatware | $219 (set of 4), $59 for 1 place setting; Total: $337 (1 set, 2 place settings) | Made of stainless steel by a company that promotes and practices eco-friendly, sustainable living. This flatware is made to last forever (aff)
- Artichoke Table Lamp by Stray Dog Designs, white | $625 | Handmade by Haitian artisans of eco-friendly papier mache from recycled materials with low-VOC paints, and a portion of the proceeds from every purchase is donated directly to organizations that feed hungry children, shelter homeless families and create loving homes for stray dogs and cats
- The Fern Plate Set by Riverside Design Group, white | $148 (set of 4) | Handmade of post-industrial, pre-consumer recycled glass in the U.S.
- Square Seaglass Dinner Plate by Riverside Design Group, Red | $44/ea./$176 for 4 | Handmade of post-industrial, pre-consumer recycled glass in the U.S.
- Bamboo Stagger Server by Brave Space Design | $3540 (server plus 3 cabinets & wine rack accessory) | Made in the U.S. of natural bamboo ply
- Fracture Series #1 Art by Campbell Laird, Limited Edition, 40″ x 72″ | $850 | Laird is one of the pioneers of water-based pigment ink printing. No solvents of any kind are used from the ink to the final varnish finish in a process that is completely eco friendly
- Grand Jubilee Organic Cotton fabric by ModGreenPod | $103.36/yard, $516.19 for 4 | Use 5 yards to make curtain panels | Made of organic cotton and hand silk-screened using water-based non-toxic inks
- Calvino Chandelier by Propellor | $1,950 | Made of bamboo with natural walnut oil finish and compatible with a CFL
- Mythic Interior Flat Latex Paint | $46.99/gallon, $187.96 for 4 | COLORS: Morning Song OW-5-3 and Spring Cosmos 115-6 | Zero VOCs, zero carcinogens, and low odor | Use Morning Song on 3 walls, with Spring Cosmos on 1 accent wall, preferably behind the buffet to offset the white of the mirror and table lamp
- Air Hazel Lounge Chair from PURE by Ami McKay | $3070, $6140 for 2 | Made with biodegradable latex rubber, FSC certified hardwood frames, non-toxic adhesives, jute and latex webbing, organic cotton batting, OEKO-tex certified fabrics and non-toxic wood finishes
- Hollow Dining Table by Brave Space Design | $2400 (6-person table) | Made from rapidly renewable bamboo with non-toxic, water-based finishes and low VOC adhesives with a material-efficient design that reduces waste (aff)
- Hollow Dining Chair by Brave Space Design | $900/ea., $3600 for 4 | Made from rapidly renewable bamboo with non-toxic, water-based finishes and low VOC adhesives with a material-efficient design that reduces waste
- Kenga Rug by Angela Adams, Red, 8 ‘ x 10’ | $1699 | Handmade of natural Wool and Rugmark-certified to be child-labor free
TOTAL: $22809.09 | Ie. More than a year’s salary for many people. But, we can always dream, right?
Beach Stone Placemats | $16.99/ea., $101.94 for 6 | Handmade using natural beach pebbles | Since this whole room screams pricey, you’ll be happy to learn how affordable these gorgeous, handmade placemats are. They add texture and depth to a table with no tablecloth, and in bright white, complement the colors throughout the room.
Any tips or suggestions for what could have been included, or excluded, in this room? Send them to email@example.com
And if you are a new subscriber, you may want to consider subscribing to Green Your Decor via RSS or email newsletter to make sure you don’t miss the other great rooms in the “Green Rooms in a Box” series! Coming Monday: A sophisticated, super-affordable eco-friendly bedroom. Thanks for reading!
MORE GREEN ROOMS IN A BOX:
- Eclectic, Eco-Chic Living Room Under $2500
- Contemporary Living Room Under $5000
- High-Priced, Celeb-Style Living Room Over $5000
- Simple, Classy Dining Room Under $2500
- Vintage Mod Dining Room Under $5000
- Fresh, Colorful Bedroom Under $2500
- Graphic, Nature-Inspired Bedroom Under $5000
- A Vibrant, Luxurious Bedroom on a Dream Budget
- A Fun, Funky Girl’s Bedroom Under $2500
- A Bedroom Fit for Two Boys Under $5000
- A Room for a Teen Queen Under $6500
- A Modern, Stimulating Boy’s Nursery Under $2500
- A Sassy (not pink) Girl’s Nursery Under $5000
MandyJuly 25, 2008 at 6:04 pm
I love rugs by Angela Adams and I’m glad to see they are considered eco-friendly!
StefanieJuly 25, 2008 at 9:32 pm
Those beach stone placemats are awesome! I still wouldn’t be able to bring myself to spend that much on a placemat (because I’m a Scrooge, I guess!), but it is definitely more affordable then the rest of the room, lol. Reading your blog makes me want to go on a redecorating spree.
Mary JenkinsJuly 26, 2008 at 1:32 pm
Love these finds. If only I had all these pieces in my home! This is a great blog! I’m so pleased that I stopped by!
Mary Jenkinss last blog post..Giveaway Day 4 and Comment-a-thon is kicking my rump
Lisl ArmstrongAugust 4, 2008 at 11:51 am
Oooooh! The artichoke lamp – Stray Dogs looks incredible. I seriously fear that I am about to go shopping on their website.
Out Of The Blue Seaglass Jewlery
jennaeAugust 4, 2008 at 4:07 pm
@Mandy Wool is sort of a toss-up, but Angela Adams rugs are made of natural wool and there’s the added bonus that they are child-labor free 🙂
@Stefanie The beach placemats seem like a steal compared to everything else in this pricey room, but if you had to buy 6 of them, I can certainly see why you would say that.
@Mary Jenkins Thank you for your kind words 🙂
@Lisl Armstrong I know what you mean! Every time I visit Stray Dogs to find something new, I have to restrain myself! I discovered them while looking at all the products used in the HGTV Green Home and I’ve been in love with them ever since.