Today’s Room: A Bedroom fit for Two Boys for Under $5000
The great thing about this room is that even though it is filled with primary colors, they are used in such a sophisticated way that it doesn’t feel like a toddler’s room. It is a room that is cool and stimulating, but can still grow with 2 little boys.
- Mythic Interior Flat Latex Paint | $46.99/gallon, $187.96 for 4 | COLOR: Soaking Spa 024-5 (blue), Warm Welcome OW-4-3 (white), Yellow Rose 07-5 | Zero VOCs, zero carcinogens, and low odor | The main wall color will be blue, with a horizontal stripe carried around the room on all four walls in yellow, with a thinner white stripe below it.
- Cork Table Lamp | $89 | Made of natural cork, with the base made of sustainable rubberwood.
- Bent Wood Lamp #3 by Henning Dyes | $110 | Made of sustainably harvested plantation pine. The wood is not painted and simply bent in alternating strips.
- Used Vintage Variflex Blue Bulldog Wooden Skateboard from eBay | $12.49/ea.; $24.98 for 2 | Repurposing two used skateboards as wall art allows you to recycle them in a unique way and create a one-of-a-kind focal point in the room
- Desk 55 by Cardboard Design | $150 | The cardboard is made of old corrugated containers, kraft paper, used newspapers, and straw, and the honeycomb design makes it strong. It also uses natural adhesives. | Because it is made of cardboard, it can be painted to match the tones of the other furniture in the room
- Caper Stacking Chair by Herman Miller, sweet corn (yellow) | $249 | GREENGUARD™ certified, 100% recyclable and 21% of the chair material was derived from recycled resources (aff)
- Madison 5-Drawer Chest by LifeStyle Solutions | $669 | Lifestyle Solutions’ manufacturing process has been certified for compliance with the International Tropical Timber Organization (ITTO) guidelines for sustainable management of tropical forests. All of their products are constructed from plantation-grown imported hardwood to ensure sustainable use of timber (aff)
- Nailhead Linen Window Panels from West Elm, 84″ | $69/ea., $138 for 2 | Made of natural linen derived from flax
- Uffizi Bunk Bed by Argington | $1850 | Made from sustainable hard wood and birch ply. All materials, glues, stains and finishes are 100% non-toxic and are low VOC (aff)
- Skate or Die – Collage on Recycled Shelf | $30 | Handmade of a recycled shelf and various found pieces
- Organic Rings Quilt & Sham from PB Teen | $199/ea.; $398 for 2 | Made of organic cotton and Oeko-Tex certified
- Eco-Stripe Organic Sheet Set from PB Teen | 79/ea.; $158 for 2 | Made of organic cotton and Oeko-Tex certified
- FLOR Carpet Tile Rug | 20 Twiggy Tiles in Red, $24.99 apiece; Total: $499.80 | Made of recycled materials and recyclable
Total: $4553.74 | With a hefty $446.26 left in your budget, you can keep accessorizing.
Astro Clock by Skate Study House | $695 | Made of used skateboard wheels | Yes, it is pricey, but it is the perfect eco-accessory in a skateboard themed room.
Any tips or suggestions for what could have been included, or excluded, in this room? Send them to email@example.com
And if you are a new subscriber, you may want to consider subscribing to Green Your Decor via RSS or email newsletter to make sure you don’t miss the other great rooms in the “Green Rooms in a Box” series! Coming Friday: A somewhat grownup teenage bedroom. Thanks for reading!
MORE GREEN ROOMS IN A BOX:
- Eclectic, Eco-Chic Living Room Under $2500
- Contemporary Living Room Under $5000
- High-Priced, Celeb-Style Living Room Over $5000
- Simple, Classy Dining Room Under $2500
- Vintage Mod Dining Room Under $5000
- Posh Dining Room for the Super-Spendy
- A Minimal, Soothing Bedroom Under $2500
- Graphic, Nature-Inspired Bedroom Under $5000
- Vibrant, Luxurious Bedroom on a Dream Budget
- A Fun, Funky Girl’s Bedroom Under $2500
- A Room for a Teen Queen Under $6500
- A Modern, Stimulating Boy’s Nursery Under $2500
- A Sassy (not pink) Girl’s Nursery Under $5000