Accessories / Lighting

Check Out Forma Living’s Sustainable Home Furnishings

Barnyard chic meets modern in Forma Living’s collection of home furnishings. This company is committed to sustainable design with lighting, rugs, accessories, and furniture that use eco-friendly or recycled materials, or are created from salvaged pieces. Don’t you just love an online store where you can shop without having to think about whether the products you’re buying are really green?

And aren’t the Bird Cage Lamps shown above fun? The bulk of the lamps are created from Buri, the center stalk of a palm frond. I can easily picture one of these in a Moroccan-inspired nursery, or hanging over a rustic, reclaimed wood dining table.

The sophisticated pillows pictured above are part of the collection selected as Time Magazine’s Top 100 Most Influential Green Designs of 2009. Each pillow is hand-embroidered or handwoven using traditional techniques by women in India who gain income and independence by keeping a traditional craft alive. Also, part of the proceeds from this collection go back to the Bholu Anganwadi Project, which has now built a total of 8 pre-schools in under-privileged communities in India.

The green credentials of these pieces are not unique at Forma Living. Read below to learn more about how their products are vetted.

Why It’s Green?

  • Forma Living strives to offer pieces produced in the most eco-friendly way: using recycled and natural materials, sustainable production procedures, and giving back to the communities in which the product is crafted when possible.
  • In addition to being selective about the items they offer, Forma Living also considers the impact once an item has been selected. 90% of their packaging (bubble wrap, etc.) is reused materials and the other 10% are recyclable materials. All products are shipped via UPS’ Carbon Neutral Program (with the exception of Hawaii and International orders) in an effort to offset what they cannot reduce.
  • Forma Living is always looking to improve the level of sustainability in what they do and invites you to challenge, educate, and share your ideas with them.

Price: Birdcage Lamps, $253-297; Pillows: $60-$99

BONUS SAVINGS! From now ’til the end of June, enter “greenyourdecor” at check-out for 10% off any order over $30!

(Sponsored post)

About Author

I am a graphic designer by trade who has a strong passion for interior design and doing what we can to protect the environment. This blog and my other site, Green & Gorgeous, are my ways of giving back to the Earth.


  • Jennifer
    May 27, 2011 at 9:15 am

    Hi Jennae,

    A dear friend of mine just launched a green boutique in the coastal mountains of California. It’s called and has some really wonderful handmade natural pieces for the home – throw pillows, gorgeous reclaimed-metal lamps, artwork. Would you consider giving it a look and providing her any counsel you have? I know it would be greatly appreciated.


  • Pam
    June 2, 2011 at 9:10 am

    I admired Forma Livings commitment to produce eco-friendly products and to help in giving support in livelihood products to less privileged communities in India. I loved the lampshade made of buri. It looks so elegant and unique.


Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.