It makes my day when readers thank me for helping them make their homes greener through this site. I feel like I’m doing my job of making green decorating accessible to any and everyone. It makes me even happier when I get to see photos of their fully-decorated spaces. Kelli Taylor of Purple Tree Photography, is one such reader, and I hope you’re as stoked about her gorgeous nursery as I am. In her words:
I just finished my baby nursery that I wanted to submit. I found the eco-friendly crib and changing table thanks to you!! Other green items in the room include: paint, crib mattress, FLOR rug, changing table pad, redone rocking chair, sheets & changing table sheet.
CREDIT: All photos by Kelli Taylor of Purple Tree Photography
Now for a breakdown of her shopping list:
- Crib and changing table (filled with cloth diapers): The CUB Netto deal that I found on your blog! YAY – THANK YOU! (Note: This deal is no longer available)
- Paint: Sherwin-Williams Harmony Zero VOC paint
- Mattress and changing table pad: Organic Naturepedic from buy buy baby
- Crib sheet & changing table sheet: Made of organic cotton and found at Babies’R'Us on clearance. Killer deal! I think the brand was Summer.
- Rocking chair: Given to my Mom for her baby shower for me (before photo shown) and she painted it for me (same kind of paint as the room). I had the pad made.
- Rug: FLOR carpet tiles
- The light bulbs of course!
I don’t know about you guys, but I am loving the light blue and orange color scheme! It feels like creamsicle on a hot summer day, and it is completely unisex. In fact, I was so impressed by the room that I didn’t even think to ask Kelli whether she has a little boy or a girl until I started writing this post! She did a great job of taking a few eco- AND budget-friendly pieces and turning them into a minimal, soothing space that any infant would be happy to grow up in.
Oh, and if you are as impressed by these photos as I am, that’s because Kelli is a professional photographer. You can see more of her awesome work at Purple Tree Photography.